To keep your hats looking new, start with the LIDS Water & Stain Repellent. This protective spray penetrates deeply to repel water, dirt, sweat, and other causes of hat stains. Special conditioning emollients keep fabrics and leathers soft and allow caps to breathe so your head stays dry. It contains no ozone depleting CFCs, will not discolor or stain fabric, and is odorless when dry.
If your hat happens to get dirty, use the LIDS Cap Cleaner & Deodorizer. LIDS Cap Cleaner & Deodorizer is a specially formulated cleaning agent that penetrates deep to eliminate grit and grime. Used in conjunction with your dishwasher, the LIDS Solution Cleaner keeps hats smelling the way that they were meant to.
Follow these steps to clean your hat:
- Hold the LIDS Solution Cleaner sprayer about 2-4 inches from the hat and apply generously to the outside and around the inside band to thoroughly saturate the hat.
- Let hat sit for 10 to 15 minutes to allow solution to fully penetrate dirt and grime.
- Wet the entire hat under warm water (for Wool hats use cold water)
- Using a clean damp sponge, gently scrub the hat.
- Rinse and let air dry.
- Place hat in top rack of empty dishwasher and run on a normal cycle. DO NOT ADD DETERGENT!